Skip to main content

How it Ends....

Usually with tears haha!! Sadly all good things do have to come to an end and on Saturday evening the season of "Big Fish" The Musical had its last bow. But what an amazing time it was!

Often you'll get to the end of doing a show (which has taken months of your life up) and think "it's been great but be glad to finish", Big Fish was not like that at all. I have been blessed to do some fabulous shows, with great people and of course when your passion is performing and you get to do it everyday, you don't want to let it go. But from the first rehearsal, we all knew we had something special.
The musical itself is a magical journey filled with colour, joy and mythical characters entwined with real life and love, the music although sometimes called unmemorable is just beautiful and not only am I not over it, I can't seem to stop listening to it! Our orchestra was so amazing with the difficult score, and the backstage & technical crew were phenomenal in creating a flow and making us look good!
The Cast and production crew were amazing, such a lovely bunch of people from all over but accepted as all of us wanted to put on the best show possible. I can't thank our Director Amanda, Musical Director Mark and Choreographer Kerry enough for allowing us to bring ourselves to the characters and scenes so that everything onstage was authentic and as believable as it could be.

What I also loved about being a part of this production was I was working with friends and people I admire in all aspects of the show, I also made some amazing new friends but to watch your friends grow and excel in a role really fills my heart with joy and makes it even more special (plus my bestie and I got to be best friends on stage as well, loved it!)
Sometimes we do get in our own little bubble, when you are creating you love it all, but you never know what an audience is going to think. Especially when its an unknown musical such as this one but it seems we were right and audiences loved it as much as we did. The reviews and people's comments to us were just unbelievable really, there was so much emotion involved and everyone seemed to connect with the characters and allow themselves to travel the journey.
I have put links to our reviews below, in case you want to have a read, they really are quite good.







  
Broadway World

I have loved every moment of this show. I have loved the character of Sandra, red hair, crazy costume changes and all! I loved sharing a story and connecting with the audience on different levels, being a mum and a grandma and singing with Andrew again. And I really don't want to let "I Don't Need a Roof" and "Time Stops" go.
If you came and saw the show, I hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed performing it.
We hope we shared that story of life, family, relationships and dreaming bigger!

Go out and make your life amazing!

Bec xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....." Yes there is! Emma Knights Productions Oklahoma! on a Farm is BACK for its fourth season and opens this Thursday. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that this is a special production and the role of Laurey is one I love to play! This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Production of Oklahoma! and so it is wonderful to be performing it again in the same year. Although in rather milder weather! The Farm, Four Oaks at Littlehampton is beautifully green and bursting with life. The animals are in full voice as in the wonderful cast. Immerse yourself in this unique family-friendly experience, a beloved classic with live horses, windmill, and a country fair of delicious treats & wares. If the last 3 seasons feedback is anything to go by, you will LOVE IT!! If you have seen it before, you will know what I am talking about and you should tell others. Or come along again and bring some new fr

All Shook Up!

I am blessed. A week ago I got back from an amazing singing trip. Cruising the seas, performing with amazing musicians and performers, 16 shows in 7 days, plenty of food and a ton of laughs - I am still smiling. The Cruise 'N Groove Elvis Meets the Legends Cruise was a fantastic week. I had never been on a cruise before so it was quite an experience, I loved the food and the weather was fantastic (only a bit of rockiness to contend with) and we visited Mare and Noumea in New Caledonia.  I am reasonably new to the Elvis world and so this was an eye opener for that as well but I actually loved it. Elvis fans are exceptionally passionate and in some ways quite a wonder.  I was on this trip as a backing vocalist with the Tributes in Concert Band or TIC Band and we backed all of the headlining Elvis Tribute Artists. So to the band first, what a privilege it was to perform with them. Each and everyone of them super talented (to the point, that I would get caught watching them at t

MMMBop and road trip classics 😉

Road trip singalongs are the best! Do you agree?  What are your favourite songs to sing? Do you have specific lists or eras or styles of music you listen/sing to?  For me it usually depends who I am travelling with but nothing beats a good 80s/90s song list.... So last weekend I was on a road trip to Halls Gap with my sister, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. We had a fabulous time singing away the hours to many a favourite. Of course the kids occasionally asked for a song they knew but we thought it was important we listened to the classics haha 😜 We headed to Halls Gap for NanaFest 2019! A weekend to celebrate the 90th Birthday of my Nana Dawn. Staying in cabins and tents the family came from Victoria and SA and shared a weekend of catching up, a party, jumping pillows and bonfires. I do love my family, there is a a lot of us and it is lovely to see the all the generations interacting and enjoying each others company. We had wonderful weather and my sister