Skip to main content

All things of August!!

What a month August has been! I have been meaning to write this blog post many times throughout the month but have either been too busy or new things have happened!

So this month started off rather crazily, last month you may remember that I did 100 makeovers and a concert, I felt like I was running haha!! But the 3rd of August was the Mary Kay Colour and Awards night and what a great night that was! I did win a lot of awards I really felt very blessed but it was a good night.

The next morning, I headed to Melbourne on a 6am flight!! I was singing at Salvos Cake for a Cause for the Melbourne Central Division at 10:30am. It was raising money for the Women's Ministries Fundraising Project which is now raising money for Nepal. To fund  Sisters Cafe and Beauty where they train women in a choice of Waitress, Chef or Beautician. It is a wonderful program and what was lovely is that it really connects with me as I am a Beauty Consultant so I was able to share that as well. I have really missed being able to sing and share with people in that intimate way. I was able to share stories and sing songs that I love but also that tell a story.
Some of the songs I sang were Too Darn Hot, I see the Light, He is with You, Your Grace. The people who were there seemed to really enjoyed it and I had a lovely morning.

I was then able to spend another 2 days with Lauren, Aaron and Bella which was just lovely. I do really miss my sister and so to grab a little time with her was awesome but little did Lauren know (and we all kept a very good secret....) that Olivia and I were going to drive back and surprise her on the sunday just after. It was a brilliant surprise and we were able to spend a lovely four days with their little family. Bella was very excited to have both her aunties staying at her house and spending time with her.

Coming back it was a bit hard to get back into work but my Mary Kay has been going really well and I have loved meeting so many new people and to have welcomed Four new wonderful ladies to Mary Kay and to my team. It really is such a wonderful opportunity for women and for all different women, you don't have to be like me or the next lady. It is a business for any woman who wants to care for their skin and to share that with others plus make money and CHOOSE when you work! So its been an exciting month and I love reaching my goals!!

To add to all this I then caught the flu, which I have to say I haven't been that sick for a while and I lost my voice!! I was not allowed to talk for a bit which if you know me would realise that that was rather difficult LOL!! But after 4 days in bed I was alot better so now I can get back into life!!

So what's coming? Well this week I am leading worship at church with a small group of women singers and we are doing things a little different. It really sounds great and I wm looking forward to sharing it with everyone.
Soul Factor has another concert on September 27th, a beautiful Cantata on the Lord's Prayer called "Our Father". So we are in rehearsals for that and I encourage you to come along if you are free. It will be a beautiful afternoon of music. For more info head here

Phew!! I think I've tried a bit of everything this month haha!! So I hope you are well and that your August has been amazing :)

Here's to Spring and September.

Bec x

http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=151250



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....." Yes there is! Emma Knights Productions Oklahoma! on a Farm is BACK for its fourth season and opens this Thursday. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that this is a special production and the role of Laurey is one I love to play! This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Production of Oklahoma! and so it is wonderful to be performing it again in the same year. Although in rather milder weather! The Farm, Four Oaks at Littlehampton is beautifully green and bursting with life. The animals are in full voice as in the wonderful cast. Immerse yourself in this unique family-friendly experience, a beloved classic with live horses, windmill, and a country fair of delicious treats & wares. If the last 3 seasons feedback is anything to go by, you will LOVE IT!! If you have seen it before, you will know what I am talking about and you should tell others. Or come along again and bring some new fr

All Shook Up!

I am blessed. A week ago I got back from an amazing singing trip. Cruising the seas, performing with amazing musicians and performers, 16 shows in 7 days, plenty of food and a ton of laughs - I am still smiling. The Cruise 'N Groove Elvis Meets the Legends Cruise was a fantastic week. I had never been on a cruise before so it was quite an experience, I loved the food and the weather was fantastic (only a bit of rockiness to contend with) and we visited Mare and Noumea in New Caledonia.  I am reasonably new to the Elvis world and so this was an eye opener for that as well but I actually loved it. Elvis fans are exceptionally passionate and in some ways quite a wonder.  I was on this trip as a backing vocalist with the Tributes in Concert Band or TIC Band and we backed all of the headlining Elvis Tribute Artists. So to the band first, what a privilege it was to perform with them. Each and everyone of them super talented (to the point, that I would get caught watching them at t

MMMBop and road trip classics 😉

Road trip singalongs are the best! Do you agree?  What are your favourite songs to sing? Do you have specific lists or eras or styles of music you listen/sing to?  For me it usually depends who I am travelling with but nothing beats a good 80s/90s song list.... So last weekend I was on a road trip to Halls Gap with my sister, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. We had a fabulous time singing away the hours to many a favourite. Of course the kids occasionally asked for a song they knew but we thought it was important we listened to the classics haha 😜 We headed to Halls Gap for NanaFest 2019! A weekend to celebrate the 90th Birthday of my Nana Dawn. Staying in cabins and tents the family came from Victoria and SA and shared a weekend of catching up, a party, jumping pillows and bonfires. I do love my family, there is a a lot of us and it is lovely to see the all the generations interacting and enjoying each others company. We had wonderful weather and my sister