Skip to main content

Happy Birthday to you!!


Wow I can not believe how fast time is flying already near the end of January in 2012!! Happy New year, I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year's I know that my family and I were super busy but it was all lovely. Including my sister's wedding on New Year's Eve and now she is married and has moved to Tassie, which is great but I miss her already.

New year's always make you think of starting afresh, a new start in my sister's case a new life and I am always hoping for something special in the new year to happen.  Have you made any new year's resolutions?? I am not a very good resolutions setter or even goal setter (which is practically what they are right?) but I did write some down so here's to actually doing some of them this year haha!
So ok, I'll share a couple with you hmm.....

  • Take dance lessons
  • Make time to develop friendships
  • Build my singing career
  • As a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant build my customer base and move to Directorship
  • Exercise regularly
Ok thats probably enough and now I have to stick to them!

So a new year also means a year older and for my brother, he turned a significant year older, 18 on the 12th of Jan. So as a tradition with us we had a family party on his actual birthday and then he had a party on the next night.  Which was a great night and they all had fun and liked the cake I had made him.  Now, our family is a singing family as you may have gathered if you've read before and so we have our own set of birthday songs there is 3 main ones and some silly others and what we like to do is sing in up to 6 part harmony and people who hear this are usually quite taken back.  We dont like to sing out of tune (as is often done at parties) but think it is more fun to do interesting arrangments. 
The songs are Happy Birthday, For he's a Jolly Good Fellow (or she!), Why was he/she born so beautiful and then of course we like to clap the years as well. Ok so it can be a bit embarrassing at times but usually its very well recieved. We have even been invited to birthdays entirely so that we would sing, at resturants if we have sung others have asked us to sing to them and even at my brothers family party this year my new brother-in-law recorded us so he can play it when he goes to others!
So question, do you have birthday songs or traditions??
I like them it makes it special.

Good luck with the resolutions :)

Bec x

My Brother's SKYRIM cake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....." Yes there is! Emma Knights Productions Oklahoma! on a Farm is BACK for its fourth season and opens this Thursday. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that this is a special production and the role of Laurey is one I love to play! This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Production of Oklahoma! and so it is wonderful to be performing it again in the same year. Although in rather milder weather! The Farm, Four Oaks at Littlehampton is beautifully green and bursting with life. The animals are in full voice as in the wonderful cast. Immerse yourself in this unique family-friendly experience, a beloved classic with live horses, windmill, and a country fair of delicious treats & wares. If the last 3 seasons feedback is anything to go by, you will LOVE IT!! If you have seen it before, you will know what I am talking about and you should tell others. Or come along again and bring some new fr

All Shook Up!

I am blessed. A week ago I got back from an amazing singing trip. Cruising the seas, performing with amazing musicians and performers, 16 shows in 7 days, plenty of food and a ton of laughs - I am still smiling. The Cruise 'N Groove Elvis Meets the Legends Cruise was a fantastic week. I had never been on a cruise before so it was quite an experience, I loved the food and the weather was fantastic (only a bit of rockiness to contend with) and we visited Mare and Noumea in New Caledonia.  I am reasonably new to the Elvis world and so this was an eye opener for that as well but I actually loved it. Elvis fans are exceptionally passionate and in some ways quite a wonder.  I was on this trip as a backing vocalist with the Tributes in Concert Band or TIC Band and we backed all of the headlining Elvis Tribute Artists. So to the band first, what a privilege it was to perform with them. Each and everyone of them super talented (to the point, that I would get caught watching them at t

MMMBop and road trip classics 😉

Road trip singalongs are the best! Do you agree?  What are your favourite songs to sing? Do you have specific lists or eras or styles of music you listen/sing to?  For me it usually depends who I am travelling with but nothing beats a good 80s/90s song list.... So last weekend I was on a road trip to Halls Gap with my sister, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. We had a fabulous time singing away the hours to many a favourite. Of course the kids occasionally asked for a song they knew but we thought it was important we listened to the classics haha 😜 We headed to Halls Gap for NanaFest 2019! A weekend to celebrate the 90th Birthday of my Nana Dawn. Staying in cabins and tents the family came from Victoria and SA and shared a weekend of catching up, a party, jumping pillows and bonfires. I do love my family, there is a a lot of us and it is lovely to see the all the generations interacting and enjoying each others company. We had wonderful weather and my sister