Skip to main content

New Year, New Decade, New Beginnings.......



Happy New Year!! Happy New Decade!!

The years really do fly don't they? I can't believe how quick 2019 went and yet I really don't feel as if I did as much last year. So I realised that I have been pretty slack with writing my blogs of late, I don't know whether I should apologise or just let it go as I had other priorities and it was time to take a break. But here I am on January 1st and wanting to get into it again and yet still struggling to get it written down. Lately my mind skips and bounces all over the place, anyone else like that?
Anyway before 2019 passes into memory I thought I would do a quick review as I reflect over the past year and then look, plan and pray over 2020. 
So if you're interested, stay with me as we look back on 2019. 

2019 was an interesting year, the previous year 2018, was crazy! Shows, gigs, a cruise and more so I felt that this year was to be a quieter one, less shows, gigs and more focus on Mary Kay, which it did turn out like that but that also meant it felt a bit weird, I had nights off haha! But I needed to rest a bit and that is something I have wanted to get better at anyway.

Singing & performing wise, it was a great year. I had some great gigs with the TIC Band, my Sisters,

Soul Factor had some fabulous concerts along with doing the musical "For Unto Y'all" in the Fringe. Continued to perform Pirates with Emma Knights Productions, and special with different bands. I even sang at Mary Kay Leadership in Malaysia at the start of the year. Did you see me sing at anything? Did I forget anything?
I also had a wonderful array of students. The number of them has grown and I love sharing with them and seeing them grow in their knowledge and skill.

2019 was also a time for me to focus a bit more on my Mary Kay this year. I was able to attend Leadership in Malaysia in January and this was an eye opening experience plus we won the talent show, which was awesome haha! I also attended Director training and Seminar which was fantastic to be able to catch up with other consultants and directors a couple of times in the year and I was named one of the Faces of the new Timewise 3D Foundation. Here in SA, the Radiance Unit (my team) did monthly workshops and some wonderful events where we saw lots of women and shared MK and Beauty with them. It is such a privilege to work with the women in my unit and with my amazing customers. In 2020 I can't wait to serve more customers, and build the Beautiful Radiance Unit.

Then in Family and friend news, I made some wonderful new friends, got to know old friends better and also got to know myself better. There was a beautiful addition to our family with my niece Harriett being born in May. She is an absolute delight and do love being an Auntie and seeing these gorgeous kids grow. We celebrated Nana's 90th birthday with a party and family camp in Hall's Gap, which was lovely. I enjoyed some fabulous catch ups, brunches (which are my fave), danced at some great events and weddings, went on dates, shared lots of laughs but also tears with those in my life. And I also spent more time with God and growing with him. Oh and I moved house the week before Christmas!!



This year hasn't been easy by any means, working for yourself is hard work, making sure money comes in time can be tricky, watching friends and family get married and have babies when you are still waiting is hard, not getting roles/gigs that you wanted is hard but in all things I know that God has great things for me and I trust that I am living my purpose. i wake each day choosing to be positive and hopeful. So now we are in 2020, the "Roaring 20s". I know that it will be an Amazing Year because I am going into it open to opportunities and focus on goals. What about you? How are you looking at the New Year?

So, we are in a new decade to, so the last 10 years.......what were they like for you? We were discussing it in our family and we all agreed that it was the most significant time in our lives SO much has happened. So I thought Id list some of the things that have happened


  • Performed in so many amazing concerts & shows playing some characters that I absolutely adore
  • Toured through the UK and sang at the Royal Albert Hall with the MSB
  • Both my Sisters got married and had 2 Babies 
  • I moved out on my own
  • I was made redundant from my office job so decided to do what I love in both singing and Mary Kay
  • Became a Mary Kay Director
  • My Brother Alex went to be with Jesus
  • Went overseas 3 times
  • Sang on a Cruise with TIC
  • Became an Auntie and a Godparent numerous times 
  • Had an fabulous Old Hollywood Glamour 30th 
  • Worked on the film Hotel Mumbai & other TV series
  • Celebrated 20 years with Soul Factor 
  • Went to the 100th Celebrations of Gallipoli in Gallipoli 
And I am going to stop there! So much and much I have probably forgotten but I am so grateful and excited for the next 10 years! 

So Happy New Year. I look forward to sharing as we go into this new year. May you be blessed and filled with joy as you go into 2020. Know that only YOU can choose how you respond to what happens and you can choose your thoughts. Choose wisely ;) 

Bec xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....." Yes there is! Emma Knights Productions Oklahoma! on a Farm is BACK for its fourth season and opens this Thursday. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that this is a special production and the role of Laurey is one I love to play! This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Production of Oklahoma! and so it is wonderful to be performing it again in the same year. Although in rather milder weather! The Farm, Four Oaks at Littlehampton is beautifully green and bursting with life. The animals are in full voice as in the wonderful cast. Immerse yourself in this unique family-friendly experience, a beloved classic with live horses, windmill, and a country fair of delicious treats & wares. If the last 3 seasons feedback is anything to go by, you will LOVE IT!! If you have seen it before, you will know what I am talking about and you should tell others. Or come along again and bring some new fr

All Shook Up!

I am blessed. A week ago I got back from an amazing singing trip. Cruising the seas, performing with amazing musicians and performers, 16 shows in 7 days, plenty of food and a ton of laughs - I am still smiling. The Cruise 'N Groove Elvis Meets the Legends Cruise was a fantastic week. I had never been on a cruise before so it was quite an experience, I loved the food and the weather was fantastic (only a bit of rockiness to contend with) and we visited Mare and Noumea in New Caledonia.  I am reasonably new to the Elvis world and so this was an eye opener for that as well but I actually loved it. Elvis fans are exceptionally passionate and in some ways quite a wonder.  I was on this trip as a backing vocalist with the Tributes in Concert Band or TIC Band and we backed all of the headlining Elvis Tribute Artists. So to the band first, what a privilege it was to perform with them. Each and everyone of them super talented (to the point, that I would get caught watching them at t

MMMBop and road trip classics 😉

Road trip singalongs are the best! Do you agree?  What are your favourite songs to sing? Do you have specific lists or eras or styles of music you listen/sing to?  For me it usually depends who I am travelling with but nothing beats a good 80s/90s song list.... So last weekend I was on a road trip to Halls Gap with my sister, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. We had a fabulous time singing away the hours to many a favourite. Of course the kids occasionally asked for a song they knew but we thought it was important we listened to the classics haha 😜 We headed to Halls Gap for NanaFest 2019! A weekend to celebrate the 90th Birthday of my Nana Dawn. Staying in cabins and tents the family came from Victoria and SA and shared a weekend of catching up, a party, jumping pillows and bonfires. I do love my family, there is a a lot of us and it is lovely to see the all the generations interacting and enjoying each others company. We had wonderful weather and my sister