Skip to main content

Melodienacht 2018

I can not believe it is the 1st of June and that a week has already past since the first Melodienacht concert in Tanunda. 

Last weekend I had the pleasure of being a guest artist at the Annual Melodienacht Concerts put on by Tanunda Town Band. For two nights up to 1100 people crowd into the Tanunda Show Hall (or "the tin shed"), they bring nibbles, drinks, coats and singing voices and enjoy a great night of music and entertainment. With over 40 players on stage, a guest rhythm section, featured guest artists, fantastic production sound and visual these are really fantastic nights. And as it has been going for over 50 years it seems that many people think so. 

I have always loved singing on stage with a live brass band and the weekend was no different! Tanunda Town Band were playing exceptionally well and I got to sing some fabulous music. Opening with "Don't Rain on My Parade" and then I sang "Journey to the Past" from Anastasia, "Never Enough" from The Greatest Showman which went over exceptionally well and then I finished with James Morrison's arrangement of "Waltzing Matilda" which I love to sing and it is wonderful to have been able to do it again. 

I shared the stage with well known entertainer Tim Campbell, who had the crowd singing and dancing to party tunes and classics such as "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", 'Shout", 'Grease Lightning"and more. The was great to see and hear the audience singing and really getting into all the music of the night,great moments included the Band's Jersey Boy Medley and sing along songs such as "Sweet Caroline" and "500 Miles". 


Overall it was a great time of performing and I feel very blessed to have had a chance to be a part of it. So thanks to the organisers and Band including my Uncle, Bruce Raymond who conducts the band for inviting me along. 

To end the fabulous weekend of music, I went to see the Kurt Elling Quintet at the Gov Sunday night. Kurt Elling has been one of my favourite Jazz singers since High School and it was amazing to see him live, not just because I have loved his music for so long but because he is awesome. It was SO good and I sat there with a smile on my face the whole evening, plus I got to meet him so that was cool. And even though I was exhausted from the weekend (7 hours of driving back and forth and doing makeup for a wedding on the Saturday) I left on Sunday Night rejuvenated and grateful. 
It really shows what music can do for our spirit. 

So now its June and here's to looking at new things and new opportunities, I am excited for things that are happening or are going to happen. 

Have a fantastic week!
Bec x

**Thankyou to Tom & Verity Colyer for the pics 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....." Yes there is! Emma Knights Productions Oklahoma! on a Farm is BACK for its fourth season and opens this Thursday. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that this is a special production and the role of Laurey is one I love to play! This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Production of Oklahoma! and so it is wonderful to be performing it again in the same year. Although in rather milder weather! The Farm, Four Oaks at Littlehampton is beautifully green and bursting with life. The animals are in full voice as in the wonderful cast. Immerse yourself in this unique family-friendly experience, a beloved classic with live horses, windmill, and a country fair of delicious treats & wares. If the last 3 seasons feedback is anything to go by, you will LOVE IT!! If you have seen it before, you will know what I am talking about and you should tell others. Or come along again and bring some new fr

All Shook Up!

I am blessed. A week ago I got back from an amazing singing trip. Cruising the seas, performing with amazing musicians and performers, 16 shows in 7 days, plenty of food and a ton of laughs - I am still smiling. The Cruise 'N Groove Elvis Meets the Legends Cruise was a fantastic week. I had never been on a cruise before so it was quite an experience, I loved the food and the weather was fantastic (only a bit of rockiness to contend with) and we visited Mare and Noumea in New Caledonia.  I am reasonably new to the Elvis world and so this was an eye opener for that as well but I actually loved it. Elvis fans are exceptionally passionate and in some ways quite a wonder.  I was on this trip as a backing vocalist with the Tributes in Concert Band or TIC Band and we backed all of the headlining Elvis Tribute Artists. So to the band first, what a privilege it was to perform with them. Each and everyone of them super talented (to the point, that I would get caught watching them at t

MMMBop and road trip classics 😉

Road trip singalongs are the best! Do you agree?  What are your favourite songs to sing? Do you have specific lists or eras or styles of music you listen/sing to?  For me it usually depends who I am travelling with but nothing beats a good 80s/90s song list.... So last weekend I was on a road trip to Halls Gap with my sister, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. We had a fabulous time singing away the hours to many a favourite. Of course the kids occasionally asked for a song they knew but we thought it was important we listened to the classics haha 😜 We headed to Halls Gap for NanaFest 2019! A weekend to celebrate the 90th Birthday of my Nana Dawn. Staying in cabins and tents the family came from Victoria and SA and shared a weekend of catching up, a party, jumping pillows and bonfires. I do love my family, there is a a lot of us and it is lovely to see the all the generations interacting and enjoying each others company. We had wonderful weather and my sister