Skip to main content

Time flies when life is a little crazy!!

Well this is really the first moment I have had to sit down and write this! So much has happened since my last post, I've been doing a lot and having a great time! Time does fly when your life is a little crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Nazanin & I  
So to fill you in, August was a CRAZY month! For most of that month I was working on the film, Hotel Mumbai, being filmed here in Adelaide. I was the Stand In for Nazanin Boniadi and had a fantastic time. It was really long days at times but such an experience to be on set, working with such talent and great people. My fellow Stand Ins were such a fun bunch and it was really a blessing to be around creativity like that everyday. The film is about the terrorist attacks that happened in Mumbai at various hotels in 2008. Many people died but the courage and actions of staff particularly at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel saved others lives and this movie showcases that. I am very much looking forward to seeing the film completed and am so grateful for the opportunity.


Since September has started I have had the opportunity to sing at a number of events as well. September 10th was a busy day, it was the end of the Salvation Army Australia 100 days of Prayer and there was a final day with a service at the gumtree in Botanic Park where the Salvation Army started in Australia (yes here in Adelaide :) ). I had to lead some songs at it which was lovely and the sun was out for a bit which was great. Then that night was the Adelaide Theatre Guide Awards and this was a great time for the Theatre community in Adelaide to get together, get dressed up and have a lovely dinner while celebrating performances from the past year. "Oklahoma on a Farm" that I was privileged to be apart of in January was nominated for Best Musical - Professional and Andrew and I were asked to perform "People Will Say We're in Love" from the show as it is also coming back in January 2017!!
If you missed out this year head to https://www.dramatix.com.au/events/1522 to book your tickets now!!


With the lovely Alisa!

The night was a lot of fun with over 400 people there and as I haven't been for around 8 years it was great to be apart of it.

So then the next weekend, on the 17th, was the launch of the new Australia One territory of the Salvation Army. Both the Eastern & Southern Territories on Australia have now joined so we are one big territory and so the General and his Wife were over to launch this. I was worship leading with our ACH Contemporary Band and along with the Melbourne Staff Band and Sydney Staff Songsters we lead a wonderful  afternoon service. It was amazing to be part of history being made and was also lovely to catch up with a lot of people.

With the Birthday Girl!
I have had a lot of birthday's in the last two weeks, which have been lovely to celebrate and on the weekend I threw a surprise Tinkerbell party for my friend Kathryn who turned 30. It is so much fun when surprises work and when you are surrounded by friends who support you fully with the theme and dress up and have a fabulous time of it all! We had such a lovely afternoon and my house is still covered in glitter haha!!

Fab bunch of ladies x



Finally this is the last week and a half until opening night of Two from Galilee. This musical is based on the book by Majorie Holmes about the love story of Mary & Joseph and how God encounters people in their lives. It is such a wonderful story and beautiful music, I am loving singing it. I am playing Mary and it has been hitting me how amazing this must have been, how scared she must have felt but she knew that God was in control and that she could trust that He would take care of her.
Yes this is a Christmas musical and its early but what better way to prepare yourself for the Christmas season. It is a family friendly musical and for all ages. Soul Factor always puts on an amazing show and so the singing will be fantastic. Plus my actual parents are playing my parents on stage so that always adds an interesting dynamic!!

For tickets head to soulfactorgospelchoir.com or click here

I would love to see you there.



Well I think that is a good wrap up!! I am constantly thanking God for my crazy diverse life, I could not have imagined some of the things I have done this year and am so looking forward to more.

Have a fabulous week!

Bec x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....." Yes there is! Emma Knights Productions Oklahoma! on a Farm is BACK for its fourth season and opens this Thursday. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that this is a special production and the role of Laurey is one I love to play! This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Production of Oklahoma! and so it is wonderful to be performing it again in the same year. Although in rather milder weather! The Farm, Four Oaks at Littlehampton is beautifully green and bursting with life. The animals are in full voice as in the wonderful cast. Immerse yourself in this unique family-friendly experience, a beloved classic with live horses, windmill, and a country fair of delicious treats & wares. If the last 3 seasons feedback is anything to go by, you will LOVE IT!! If you have seen it before, you will know what I am talking about and you should tell others. Or come along again and bring some new fr

All Shook Up!

I am blessed. A week ago I got back from an amazing singing trip. Cruising the seas, performing with amazing musicians and performers, 16 shows in 7 days, plenty of food and a ton of laughs - I am still smiling. The Cruise 'N Groove Elvis Meets the Legends Cruise was a fantastic week. I had never been on a cruise before so it was quite an experience, I loved the food and the weather was fantastic (only a bit of rockiness to contend with) and we visited Mare and Noumea in New Caledonia.  I am reasonably new to the Elvis world and so this was an eye opener for that as well but I actually loved it. Elvis fans are exceptionally passionate and in some ways quite a wonder.  I was on this trip as a backing vocalist with the Tributes in Concert Band or TIC Band and we backed all of the headlining Elvis Tribute Artists. So to the band first, what a privilege it was to perform with them. Each and everyone of them super talented (to the point, that I would get caught watching them at t

MMMBop and road trip classics 😉

Road trip singalongs are the best! Do you agree?  What are your favourite songs to sing? Do you have specific lists or eras or styles of music you listen/sing to?  For me it usually depends who I am travelling with but nothing beats a good 80s/90s song list.... So last weekend I was on a road trip to Halls Gap with my sister, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. We had a fabulous time singing away the hours to many a favourite. Of course the kids occasionally asked for a song they knew but we thought it was important we listened to the classics haha 😜 We headed to Halls Gap for NanaFest 2019! A weekend to celebrate the 90th Birthday of my Nana Dawn. Staying in cabins and tents the family came from Victoria and SA and shared a weekend of catching up, a party, jumping pillows and bonfires. I do love my family, there is a a lot of us and it is lovely to see the all the generations interacting and enjoying each others company. We had wonderful weather and my sister