Skip to main content

For Unto Y'all is born this day.....

I honestly can not believe we are only a week away from Christmas but this year and especially the last few weeks have flown by! I have been really busy though and so I suppose that makes a difference! With the end of Legally Blonde and then driving to Melbourne to see my sister Lauren get commissioned as a Salvation Army Officer at which my sisters and I also sang at (it was lovely to get back to singing together). November was over and December was here.

This December, Soul Factor Gospel Choir is reprising "For Unto Y'all - A Cowboy Christmas" the cowboy musical which we premiered last year. So I was straight into that! This year we are performing it at Scott Theatre Adelaide (one of my favourite theatres to work in, so many memories :) ) and it is bigger and we believe better! Plus it runs in the week up to Christmas and so provides a fabulous event for people to go to with family, or friends or workmates or whatever to get into the Christmas Spirit and have some fun while enjoying the message of love.

You might think that a comedy on the Christmas story and that its set in the Wild Wild West would take away from the message of Christmas but you would be wrong. The message is so strong and each one of those on stage radiates the joy of this amazing story. I really encourage you to get along to it if you can. Its for all ages and there are some fantastic performers alongside Soul Factor who are always top notch. The costumes are brilliant and set on a bigger stage its a show you will thoroughly enjoy. I am reprising my role of Kate O'Shaunessy (yes the Irish accent has returned) and I am joined by some of Adelaide's best talent Andrew Crispe, Michael Denholm, Angus Smith, Sam Davy, Olivia McCulloch, Lauren Potter, Adam Jaeger and Nathan Rowe and the list continues. Plus my parents are the ones behind it and with my mum, Sharon Raymond's musical talent in both performance and direction and my Dad, Howard's vision its a great team.

I think though what I love most about working with Soul Factor is the passion for what they sing and for wanting to bring their best always. So if you are free from tonight, because we OPEN TONIGHT!! until Sunday 21st December grab your friends, family whomever and get along, we'd love to see you! Click the poster below for tickets! and then check out the Youtube clip HERE showcasing some of last years show!

http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=108764

I  love Christmas and I love that I get to share my talents with people at this time. I hope I see you at the show but if not I wish you a very Merry Christmas and blessings for the New Year! I am looking forward to a little time off from Christmas, it will be nice to spend time with family and relax a little preparing to start a new year. I hope you get to enjoy this wonderful season.

Bec x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....." Yes there is! Emma Knights Productions Oklahoma! on a Farm is BACK for its fourth season and opens this Thursday. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that this is a special production and the role of Laurey is one I love to play! This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Production of Oklahoma! and so it is wonderful to be performing it again in the same year. Although in rather milder weather! The Farm, Four Oaks at Littlehampton is beautifully green and bursting with life. The animals are in full voice as in the wonderful cast. Immerse yourself in this unique family-friendly experience, a beloved classic with live horses, windmill, and a country fair of delicious treats & wares. If the last 3 seasons feedback is anything to go by, you will LOVE IT!! If you have seen it before, you will know what I am talking about and you should tell others. Or come along again and bring some new fr

All Shook Up!

I am blessed. A week ago I got back from an amazing singing trip. Cruising the seas, performing with amazing musicians and performers, 16 shows in 7 days, plenty of food and a ton of laughs - I am still smiling. The Cruise 'N Groove Elvis Meets the Legends Cruise was a fantastic week. I had never been on a cruise before so it was quite an experience, I loved the food and the weather was fantastic (only a bit of rockiness to contend with) and we visited Mare and Noumea in New Caledonia.  I am reasonably new to the Elvis world and so this was an eye opener for that as well but I actually loved it. Elvis fans are exceptionally passionate and in some ways quite a wonder.  I was on this trip as a backing vocalist with the Tributes in Concert Band or TIC Band and we backed all of the headlining Elvis Tribute Artists. So to the band first, what a privilege it was to perform with them. Each and everyone of them super talented (to the point, that I would get caught watching them at t

MMMBop and road trip classics 😉

Road trip singalongs are the best! Do you agree?  What are your favourite songs to sing? Do you have specific lists or eras or styles of music you listen/sing to?  For me it usually depends who I am travelling with but nothing beats a good 80s/90s song list.... So last weekend I was on a road trip to Halls Gap with my sister, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. We had a fabulous time singing away the hours to many a favourite. Of course the kids occasionally asked for a song they knew but we thought it was important we listened to the classics haha 😜 We headed to Halls Gap for NanaFest 2019! A weekend to celebrate the 90th Birthday of my Nana Dawn. Staying in cabins and tents the family came from Victoria and SA and shared a weekend of catching up, a party, jumping pillows and bonfires. I do love my family, there is a a lot of us and it is lovely to see the all the generations interacting and enjoying each others company. We had wonderful weather and my sister