Skip to main content

Concerts, Airports & a 30th!

So I was out to dinner last night with two of my girlfriends and we were discussing blogs and writing them and I realised that I had not written here for a long time!! It has been a couple of months and i feel bad!
Lots has been happening I will say that, this month especially! In fact the weekend of the 11-13 October was probably the busiest yet strangest weekend Ive had for a while.  Friday the 11 Oct was the day of my 30th Birthday party (yes its a new decade, crazy!), my actually birthday is the 29th but as my little sister is getting married (more about that later) that week it was important to change it. So I celebrated along with a few people that mean alot to me. The theme was Old Hollywood Glamour and so everyone came in their red carpet best. Everyone looked stunning and I was so happy with how the room turned out. I felt very blessed to have enjoyed it. Adding to the evening, our good family friend and amazing pianist Michael Harding flew over from Melbourne to provide live music along with my sister Lauren, her husband Aaron and of course my beautiful niece Bella. It was a real surprise and I was thrilled.  The night was filled with fun, friends, food and even some entertainment with Mum, two friends and us the Raymond Sisters singing some songs.



After the delightful evening, I was up very early (yikes!) to be on a plane to Sydney. Hurstville was hosting the MSB and we had a weekend of concerts. Saturday nights was at The Kings School in Paramatta. It was a great night of music and my voice held out evening though it had been a very long day! Sunday we were at Hurstville, doing the morning meeting and then an afternoon concert. It was a hot day in Sydney and we enjoyed sharing with the lovely people. After the concert and a fabulous afternoon tea we headed back to the airport for an easy flight home or so we thought. Along with the hot weather, it was extremely windy that weekend and so on arriving at the airport we found that it was down to one runway and flights and people were all over the place. The rest of the band's flight to Melbourne was cancelled and they were then allocated accomodation and headed off. I waited in line to drop my bag off (for about an hour) and at that time all I knew was that my flight to Adelaide was delayed a hour. Upon boarding the plane we then sat on it while they waited for people coming in on delayed flights, about two hours later they realised that we would not make it to Adelaide by curfew so we all got off the plane and waited and stood around for hours more until we were given accommodation and return flights for the next day. It was not until 1am Monday morning that myself and 6 other ladies arrived at our hotel and were given rooms.  I was so thankful for these ladies, we were able to laugh and argue our case, have someone to chat with and even shop with! My flight the next day was at 3pm which then took me to Melbourne before finally arriving in Adelaide at 6:30pm. So only 21 hours late ;-) haha
It was a crazy weekend but I did have a good time and it was lovely to meet and share with new people. I was thankful that I was safe and could get home!!

Things haven't really slowed down since, Olivia my sister gets married on November 2nd so we a full into preparations for that along with Kitchens Teas, Hens nights etc and following that our Christmas musical but ill talk about that another time!

I hope that you dear reader are well and enjoying your October. Remember sometimes we are given situations to test us and so we will experience new things, new friends and some laughs. Put on a smile and be thankful it will turn out ok!

Bec x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....." Yes there is! Emma Knights Productions Oklahoma! on a Farm is BACK for its fourth season and opens this Thursday. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that this is a special production and the role of Laurey is one I love to play! This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Production of Oklahoma! and so it is wonderful to be performing it again in the same year. Although in rather milder weather! The Farm, Four Oaks at Littlehampton is beautifully green and bursting with life. The animals are in full voice as in the wonderful cast. Immerse yourself in this unique family-friendly experience, a beloved classic with live horses, windmill, and a country fair of delicious treats & wares. If the last 3 seasons feedback is anything to go by, you will LOVE IT!! If you have seen it before, you will know what I am talking about and you should tell others. Or come along again and bring some new fr

All Shook Up!

I am blessed. A week ago I got back from an amazing singing trip. Cruising the seas, performing with amazing musicians and performers, 16 shows in 7 days, plenty of food and a ton of laughs - I am still smiling. The Cruise 'N Groove Elvis Meets the Legends Cruise was a fantastic week. I had never been on a cruise before so it was quite an experience, I loved the food and the weather was fantastic (only a bit of rockiness to contend with) and we visited Mare and Noumea in New Caledonia.  I am reasonably new to the Elvis world and so this was an eye opener for that as well but I actually loved it. Elvis fans are exceptionally passionate and in some ways quite a wonder.  I was on this trip as a backing vocalist with the Tributes in Concert Band or TIC Band and we backed all of the headlining Elvis Tribute Artists. So to the band first, what a privilege it was to perform with them. Each and everyone of them super talented (to the point, that I would get caught watching them at t

MMMBop and road trip classics 😉

Road trip singalongs are the best! Do you agree?  What are your favourite songs to sing? Do you have specific lists or eras or styles of music you listen/sing to?  For me it usually depends who I am travelling with but nothing beats a good 80s/90s song list.... So last weekend I was on a road trip to Halls Gap with my sister, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. We had a fabulous time singing away the hours to many a favourite. Of course the kids occasionally asked for a song they knew but we thought it was important we listened to the classics haha 😜 We headed to Halls Gap for NanaFest 2019! A weekend to celebrate the 90th Birthday of my Nana Dawn. Staying in cabins and tents the family came from Victoria and SA and shared a weekend of catching up, a party, jumping pillows and bonfires. I do love my family, there is a a lot of us and it is lovely to see the all the generations interacting and enjoying each others company. We had wonderful weather and my sister