Skip to main content

Carols, carols and a baby!

So as is pretty obvious this wonderful time of year can be pretty busy for singers and performers, there's Carols by Candlelights, carols services, Christmas concerts, Carolling, end of year dinners, weddings and the list goes on (many of which being the reason I have not written for a while :p)!!
Having started learning or relearning Christmas music back in September the Christmas period for me is quite a long one but luckily I do love to sing the music and about the story.  This year I did a couple of other Christmas events apart from Soul Factor Gospel Choirs annual Christmas concerts but it was fun to play with the group Brass FX on November 18th for their Christmas concert and then to do the carols at Burnside with them also. 

Soul Factor's Christmas concert this year was actually two on December 8th.  We set the hall out in a cabaret style with green and red tablecloths, bows and christmas lights and presented the entertainment while our audiences enjoyed nibbles and drinks and a good time.  It was more relaxed because of the layout and we had some great laughs along with the fabulous music and some amazing dance moves haha!! But with great audiences the Spirit of Christmas was very evident and our prayer is that those who attended were blessed. 

This last weekend was filled with carols!! On Friday I attended the Kappelle Singers Carols around the World at St Peter's Cathedral. This was a very beautiful evening of music and very diverse to what I usually attend but a lovely different way to celebrate Christmas and my friend Mel was wonderful in her solos. Saturday Soul Factor was at rehearsals for the Adelaide Carols by Candlelight at Elder Park. We have been doing that now for around 7 years and it is a lot of fun to be backing the amazing acts that come to Adelaide and also to lead the carol singing for all of the Adelaidians who come out. With that done I headed off to the SA Gridiron Grand Final to sing the National Anthem. This was a funny diversion from Christmas gigs and interesting to know existed.

So Sunday came along now this was a massive day, I had to sing at two carols shows. It began with my Church, Adelaide Congress Hall Salvos, Community Carols at 6pm. This was a lovely evening of carol singing and sharing. I was also asked to sing Your Grace Still Amazes Me and so it was lovely to sing this at my home church, as I have sung it all over in the past couple of years but not here and it means so much to me. After this was completed I ran over to Elder Park to do the Adelaide Carols. This as usual was a fun night with some great acts, Dan Koek, Sky Ingram, Marmalade Circus, Jon Stevens finished with fireworks and the usual hot donuts! The sight from stage is beautiful with all the (battery powered) candles and as usual I think we have the best seat in the house :)

It has been odd this year to not do any gigs with my two sisters. Normally and especially last year we were very busy but Lauren did get married and move to Tassie which of course made it a little tricky plus she became pregnant. So on saturday we also welcomed the new addition (which of course makes me an Auntie!!!) of Isabella Alexandra Joy Stobie, the cutest little thing and someone I am dying to meet.

She is a real blessing to our family with the loss of Alex nine months ago. She will be a very loved member and I am sure her Amazing Uncle will be looking down on her and so very proud of his sister too!

Well I hope that you have a very Joyous Christmas filled with love and laughter and knowledge of the reason we celebrate.

I want to leave you with a song and a time I will treasure forever. This is the video of Alex and us girls singing Jingle Bells last Christmas. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/hs_h17Vub8s

Blessings,

Bec :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow....." Yes there is! Emma Knights Productions Oklahoma! on a Farm is BACK for its fourth season and opens this Thursday. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that this is a special production and the role of Laurey is one I love to play! This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Production of Oklahoma! and so it is wonderful to be performing it again in the same year. Although in rather milder weather! The Farm, Four Oaks at Littlehampton is beautifully green and bursting with life. The animals are in full voice as in the wonderful cast. Immerse yourself in this unique family-friendly experience, a beloved classic with live horses, windmill, and a country fair of delicious treats & wares. If the last 3 seasons feedback is anything to go by, you will LOVE IT!! If you have seen it before, you will know what I am talking about and you should tell others. Or come along again and bring some new fr

All Shook Up!

I am blessed. A week ago I got back from an amazing singing trip. Cruising the seas, performing with amazing musicians and performers, 16 shows in 7 days, plenty of food and a ton of laughs - I am still smiling. The Cruise 'N Groove Elvis Meets the Legends Cruise was a fantastic week. I had never been on a cruise before so it was quite an experience, I loved the food and the weather was fantastic (only a bit of rockiness to contend with) and we visited Mare and Noumea in New Caledonia.  I am reasonably new to the Elvis world and so this was an eye opener for that as well but I actually loved it. Elvis fans are exceptionally passionate and in some ways quite a wonder.  I was on this trip as a backing vocalist with the Tributes in Concert Band or TIC Band and we backed all of the headlining Elvis Tribute Artists. So to the band first, what a privilege it was to perform with them. Each and everyone of them super talented (to the point, that I would get caught watching them at t

MMMBop and road trip classics 😉

Road trip singalongs are the best! Do you agree?  What are your favourite songs to sing? Do you have specific lists or eras or styles of music you listen/sing to?  For me it usually depends who I am travelling with but nothing beats a good 80s/90s song list.... So last weekend I was on a road trip to Halls Gap with my sister, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. We had a fabulous time singing away the hours to many a favourite. Of course the kids occasionally asked for a song they knew but we thought it was important we listened to the classics haha 😜 We headed to Halls Gap for NanaFest 2019! A weekend to celebrate the 90th Birthday of my Nana Dawn. Staying in cabins and tents the family came from Victoria and SA and shared a weekend of catching up, a party, jumping pillows and bonfires. I do love my family, there is a a lot of us and it is lovely to see the all the generations interacting and enjoying each others company. We had wonderful weather and my sister