Skip to main content

"In a One Horse Open Sleigh....."

Ahh Christmas time, the time of fun, food, family, end of year parties and celebrations, presents, celebrating the greatest gift JESUS and singing LOTS of singing.

Now those of you who know me, know that I LOVE Christmas music. Which is probably a good thing as I am a singer and that means you start rehearsing Christmas music way back in September/October. This year in particular I am singing a lot of it, I am blessed to have quite a few Christmas gigs this year its just keeping on top of the music which can get stressful (oh along with other rehearsals and work etc still happening haha). To date I have ticked off three, still have 5 to go!

On Saturday night the 5th, Soul Factor Gospel Choir presented it's Christmas Concert "It's Almost Christmas". It was a fabulous night of music, fun and spreading the joy of Christmas. We sang & danced to a packed house and were very much  encouraged by the audience participation, clapping and laughter throughout the evening. Joining us on that night were "Four Tune Eight" the Gomez Children. These adorable, talented kids played and sang together to the delight of all there! Christmas concert like that are such a wonderful thing to perform, there were smiles all round. If you would like to check out the gallery of pics from the night click here

The Gomez Children were fabulous!








 
So far I have also sung with a group of ladies I put together who led the worship on Sunday morning and "The Raymond Sisters" sang last night at the Resthaven Bellevue Heights Carol service. To come is Hallett Cove Carols on Friday night and the Adelaide Carols by Candlelight on Sunday with Soul Factor, other carol services and Gawler Carols with The Raymond Sisters on Saturday 19th. So lots still to do but it is a blessing to sing all the beautiful songs and to share with others at this time.

In amongst all these Christmas gigs I have also been rehearsing for a January project "Oklahoma" the Musical set on a Horses Farm in the Adelaide Hills! Yes this wonderful classic will be staged under the trees on the Four Oaks Farm in Littlehampton. With REAL horses, a real surrey, fabulous performers and a live band this production is sure to be something you will remember forever.
I am excited to be playing Laurey as its a role I have always loved and to perform it on an actual farm is amazing.
Along with the performance, there will be Country Baked goods to purchase, a petting zoo, pony rides and more so that you the audience can feel a part of this whole experience. Don't miss your chance to be a part of this experience. Tickets are available here and there are group discounts available. It is suitable for all ages!! What a great Christmas gift or Holiday idea for the kids.

I would love to see you there!!
Have a great week. Bec x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be the Hero of your story....

Well after around 4 months of rehearsal the time has come for us to open "Big Fish" the Musical. Tonight is the Preview before tomorrow Opening Night and I am so excited to share it with audiences and bring the SA Premiere to Adelaide! You may have gathered from other posts that I LOVE this musical and the role that I am playing. Of all the lead roles I have played, this one, Sandra Bloom, is a special one. But I think that has a lot to do with the cast, production team and all those involved with putting this show on. It has been such a wonderful rehearsal period creating something beautiful and for that I feel very blessed. I get to sing some beautiful songs, be a mother and grandmother and have red hair! Plus you don't want to miss my blue Sparkly dress!! If you are trying to decide whether to come to it as you don't know the story or music I encourage you to take a leap and come along. This music had me from the first listen and the story is so full of heart ...

Music for Mums!

Well I haven't written for a while, sorry about that! I have been so busy with trying to do assignments, work, rehearse, sing, teach its been crazy!!! anyway so Mother's Day is this weekend. The day when we celebrate the wonderful women in our lives who do so much for us and loves us tremendously. So what are you doing for your Mum this year? Flowers? Chocolates? Promises you don't intend to keep? (line from Beauty & the Beast hehe!!) Spa Treatment? Lunch cooked by you? Movies? I'd love to hear some of your ideas. This year, as it will be a tough one, the first without Alex, we are all flying to Tassie to be with my sister and her husband away from home. It should be a lovely time and the first time Mum & Dad have seen my sisters house. (For Liv and I, its the 3rd time there in less than 6 months!) Of course, as we are there we, The Raymond Sisters, have been booked to sing at the Red Shield Festival Saturday at the Bellerive Boardwalk. We are doing a 30m...

2018 Celebration!!

2018 has really been an amazing year.  When I look back on what I've actually done this year it is actually quite crazy but I've enjoyed every minute of it.  There have been times of difficulty and real stress when things didn't go to plan but God has blessed me so abundantly and really allowed me to use my gifts to share with people and to create a life that is really full of joy. So at the beginning of this year, I actually said I was gonna have a quieter year and that turned out to not be true in the slightest. But it has been amazing!  So this year, I have done Oklahoma on a Farm twice, played Princess Fiona in an SA Premiere of Shrek (plus learned to tap dance), done a Bee Gee's Tribute with my sisters, climbed aboard a Pirate Ship many times, been a Siamese Twin in SideShow the Musical, been an Ice & Fire Queen, learnt and performed many Elvis songs, sang on a Cruise Ship,  sang on the radio 4 times, perfomed in concerts, gigs, dinne...